WHAT WE BELIEVE
In recent decades, media understanding of the term “creationism” has been narrowed to mean “young-earth” creationism – with unfortunate consequences for the scientific credibility of the scriptures.
The members of the “Gap Theory Alliance” subscribe to a contrary view:
In particular, we believe that . . .
1) The Genesis account of creation is scientifically accurate and literally true.
2) The scriptures allow for the earth and universe to be very ancient.
3) There was a prehistoric age prior to the present one, as postulated by the “gap theory” of creation.
4) All organisms in this and any previous age were designed and created by God with the innate ability to mutate, vary and adapt to their environment as they reproduce “after their kind”.
5) There is a spirit, a non-physical component, in man and in animals possessing consciousness, intellect, intuition and instinct.